You Have (Are) Enough Already October 10, 2017 – Posted in: Life Stories
“Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life, because you become what you believe.” — Oprah Winfrey
As human beings, I’ve realized that most people spend life waiting. There just never seems to be enough; waiting until they get xyz to then fill a gap in their lives and provide something that will finally make them happy. We wait until we lose weight so we can start doing more fun things, wait until we get funds so we can start chasing that dream, wait until we find love so we can finally feel confident. The thing with waiting is that once you get what it is you thought you wanted so bad, it’s like a shiny new toy you get and play with for a little bit and then you want something else just as intensely. I’ve noticed this trend with myself as well so this write up is also really a note to self. Please note the following points below:
- The word ‘Perfect’ is truly just a word, there is no such thing as perfection in the lives in the real world. You will never get to a point in life where you have no needs and consider all to be perfect so if you continue to quantify your worth based on material things, you’ll be doing it wrong.
- Life is fleeting; if you put all your energy in the knowledge that you’ll only achieve xyz when you get abc, you refuse yourself the permission to live a whole life in the present while you are in your season of expectancy. You’re going to wake up one day and realize that the best of life has passed you by and you didn’t even notice because you spent all your time waiting for something to finally make you happy in future
- You can’t have it all, so why not enjoy and appreciate what you do have? What is the fun in always neglecting what you do have in eager anticipation of what is to come?
- The greatest pressure and time limit we apply on ourselves doesn’t come from a deep need to succeed but a perceived assumption of what the next person is doing and how fast they’re achieving. You need to understand that someone else’s journey is simply not your business. Put all that energy into doing you.
- Everything in life is a process. Focus more on building something sustainable and less on finding ‘overnight success’. Apply yourself and do the work.
As simplistic as it sounds, all that you need to succeed is within you, all that you need to be happy is in your control, the quality of life you live depends on you. You have all the power and you already have what you need to move on to the next level in your life. What you need has never been external, it’s been internal this whole time. Look within yourself and truly understand that you are enough, you have what it takes to be the next success, you are deserving. Train your mind to first believe these things even if your current reality does not fit the vision. Know that you have always been and are still enough.
In summary, instead of looking for and waiting for great things to come and change your situation, change your mindset and perspective to things instead, listen to me when i tell you that you are enough just as you are. For whatever you need to do in life and however far you want to go in life, you have just enough for that. The greatest asset you have is your mind and your vision of who you want to be. Best believe that if you can visualize it and put action behind it, you can be anything you decide to be and earn as much as you allow yourself dream of. Get it?
You’ve got the power
Love x Light,