THE POWER OF CONNECTIONS May 20, 2017 – Posted in: Everyday Living
‘Real Friendship knows no boundaries’ . N.E
I put up the featured image on my social media and tagged it ‘Black Girl Magic’. It was a social media favorite and a lot of people loved it. I love it not only because we all make a beautiful group but also for the versatility and the absolutely amazing traits of each and everyone in the photo. One of my favorite things about the universe is the power of connections. The possibility and ability to meet versatile people from various backgrounds, unique lifestyles & ideologies to life, to learn and to teach. I’ve been very lucky to meet amazing people through the years; i believe the connections we make in the journey of life play a great role in formative experiences and self growth.
I’m a believer in practising what i preach and as such it has always been important to me to surround myself with worthy people. People that dream, do, pursue, aspire, try, fall, stand, people with an aligned interest in building the life they desire. I’m very proud to say that i’m surrounded by all of this and even more. I’m surrounded by friendships infused with love. Friends that want me to be my absolute best, friends that give, friends that meet me halfway, friends that motivate, friends that see me much more and much clearer than i see myself and my potential. Above all that i’m learning to be the kind of friend that shows up and is genuinely there.
“Friends are as companions on a journey, who ought to aid each other to persevere in the road to a happier life.” – Pythagora
It’s important to pay attention to your social circles, make sure it’s made up of people you can count on and trust
I’ve learnt so much from my friends and here are my 5 greatest reasons to have and preserve healthy friendships
- Good friends hold you accountable – Life isn’t easy, sometimes people respond to the stress of life by shutting down. Real friends are there for you when you need a break but they don’t allow you to wallow in self pity. They hold you accountable for the things you ask out of life. They give you the strength when you’re down and they push you to keep trying.
- Life is more beautiful when shared – Who is the first person you want to call when something good or bad happens? Who is there for you when you have self doubt? Who reminds you of your accomplishments when you forget? Who celebrates your little successes with you? Life is very beautiful when shared with people that love you and root for you.
- Good friends allow you to be your genuine self – My closest friends see me without the mask the world forces us to put on. They know me flaws and all, yet they accept me just the way I am. I never have to pretend to be more than I am or to impress them because the genuine person that I am works for them.
- Good friends are honest – It’s hard to find someone that can be honest with you in the times we live in. People will tell you what they think you want to hear or they’ll be dishonest in order not to make you uncomfortable. Real friends are not afraid to tell you when you’ve messed up. They also help to see situations clearly sometimes from another point of view in the hope to remain objective.
- Good friends support your dreams and goals – My friends and I empower each other and we support each other in building and growing. We root for one another and we genuinely celebrate each other. Good friends support your visions for life and they help in the ways they can.
“A man’s friendships are one of the best measures of his worth.” – Charles Darwin
There are a world of other reasons why healthy friendships are amazing. What kind of people do you surround yourself with and what do they do with their time? What are their beliefs? What do they stand for? Do they inspire and push you to be better? . Why are your friends awesome? I would love to hear some of your opinions in the comments.
Love x Light,