Why You Should Stop Waiting For The Right Time July 17, 2017 – Posted in: Everyday Living
“The Sun will rise and set regardless. What we choose to do with the light while it’s here is up to us. Journey wisely.” – Alexandra Elle
I’d like to start by stating I admire Alexandra Elle. I find her very transparent. It’s much easier to be a fake version of self than a transparent version. Speaking of transparency, I have a question for you; what is that one thing you want to do with all your heart? The one thing that keeps you up at night and the same one you think about at the break of dawn. I have another question for you; what’s keeping you from achieving this or at the very least striving to achieve this?
I asked a number of people this question and below are the top 6 repeated answers (my opinion in bracket):
- I need money to do it on the scale that I want to (Trust in small humble beginnings, start small)
- Time is going and I’m getting old, I don’t have the luxury of just getting up and doing anything I want to do (Whether you pursue your dream or not, time will still go, so why not spend the time doing what you REALLY want to do?)
- I have to think of my family, they want a stable life for me and this is so uncertain (Believe in yourself and in your capability to succeed, after all said and done, your family wants what’s best for you)
- Too many other people are doing it now, why will my own be different? (Because there is only one you, no one will have your vision and execution the way you do)
- I’m waiting for the right time, when it’s the right time i’ll just know (the right time is when you say that it is)
- I just don’t know how to go about starting (research research research, read up on people that have succeeded at what you want to do then use the available resources you have to put yourself out there)
My unpopular belief is that there is no such thing as ‘the right time’ and the common truth is that there will always be something to wait on; when A clicks, i’ll pursue B and more often than not, we put off doing the things we really want to do for 2 reasons; 1 is fear and 2 is other people. Fear is all in the mind, while I understand that the mind is powerful, it can also be controlled. Be afraid but do it anyway. Focus on you and your needs.
I’m a logical and a practical person. I think things through before I plunge and I always have a plan so I do believe in doing your research and listing the things you need to set your dream off the ground but I also believe in JUST STARTING. I’ve had 2 business ideas I wanted to execute at two different phases in my life but I kept waiting and stacking up business plan upon business meetings until one day I woke up and someone else had executed my vision so flawlessly it was almost as though I handed a blueprint over. Note this darling, for every great idea you have, someone maybe smarter, maybe richer, maybe with more connections has the same idea in an even grander way but the only person that might succeed at said vision is the one who actually just starts.
We are fortunate enough to be existing in 2017; the era of youtube, instagram, bloglovin’, linkedin, duolingo and thousands of amazing apps that teach you and put you on the map while connecting you to millions of people at a click. There are so many ways to connect but we feel so disconnected most times. Focus.
It’s a new week; challenge yourself to START. Pursue the things you want out of life relentlessly. Look around you and use what’s available to you. The ‘right’ time is only when you say that it is. When you start something, you’ll realise that your vision is not as far fetched as it might seem on paper or in your head.
I’m closing with reference to my opening quote; what will you do with your light while it’s here?
Shine on, Shine bright.
Love x Light,