MY MID-YEAR RESOLUTIONS July 3, 2017 – Posted in: Everyday Living
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other – Abraham Lincoln
If you’re an avid reader of my write ups, you would know I don’t believe in a set time for resolutions. January new year resolutions more often than not end up being July’s long forgotten memory. Anyone can have the right and freedom to make resolutions on what to change or start at any time. I believe resolutions should be set frequently because it allows one to take stock of one’s life and consciously evaluate what to do in order to become a better version of one’s self.
This is the first week in July, we are officially in the 2nd half of the year and now is a good time as any to reflect and adjust as desired. How many people made new year resolutions? How many have achieved them so far? If you have then i commend you for achieving, if you haven’t, i commend you for trying but i also advice you to try again. By tweaking your resolutions based on what you learned from earlier attempts, you’ve got a better shot at actually achieving them because you have a clearer vision.
I’m not where I had hoped to be mid-year so this means I had to go back to the drawing board and tweak my plans as needed. Here are my mid-year resolutions;
- Be more focused in the pursuit of my dreams
- Spend less time planning and more time doing
- Give up a few things that no longer add value to me
- Live a more healthy life
- Find a business mentor
I believe that if I change the above, I’ll be back on the right path in the pursuit of my dreams. I urge you to bring out a pen and paper and to write down what no longer serves you or leads you to grow and you make a resolution to do better in order to be better.
It’s ok if you’ve made resolutions within time frames that never quite worked out, stop judging yourself too harshly. There is no limit to how many times you can self evaluate and make a decision to be better. Allow yourself the right to fall and get back up. For those that want to make resolutions (again), here are my resolution solutions:
- Start slowly; it’s easy to make a list of what you want to change and jump right into it but it’s important that you ease in slowly so you don’t burn out
- Make it personal – Don’t try to change something because your mother, lover or friend doesn’t like it. It will be short lived. Change for yourself
- Take baby steps – Start one step at a time until you are where you need to be. The most important thing is that you don’t remain stuck in one place
- Seek Support – In a friend, family or mentor. It helps to have someone to hold you accountable for the things you say you’ll do.
- Acknowledge your success – Recognise and appreciate yourself for small victories
What mid year resolutions are you going to make to ensure you build the life of your dreams? I’d love to hear from you so please leave a comment and tell me 🙂
Love x Light,