How To Train Yourself To Live Positively October 19, 2017 – Posted in: Everyday Living
Once you replace negative thoughts with positive thoughts, you’ll start having positive results – Willie Nelson
In life, I’ve come to realize that it’s not always what happens that matters, it’s mostly how you react to it. How do you react when you’re presented with situations that are not the most favorable to you?
People often say that the only constant thing in life is change but no one reminds you that the silent part in bracket is that (change can be positive or negative). I personally don’t think that it’s realistic for things to smooth sail for eternity, I believe that there will be bad days and there will be good days but I strive to ensure that the good days (in my control) are more than the bad days.
There is no point in giving energy to what is out of your control as you just give room for anxiety and doubt in self to build. I’ve made a list of 10 things that can help you to live a more positive life in your work, family and general living.
- Practice positive affirmation – You are what you think, the more positive your thoughts are, the more positive your life will be. It really is as simple as it sounds. Practice saying positive affirmations repeatedly over your life. Write them out where you can see them if you must. Affirmations are personal so write out what you believe for yourself. ‘I’m trying my best and it’s good enough’, ‘I’m deserving of healthy strong love’, ‘I’m the architect of my life and so I have control over self’, ‘Every morning is a new chance for to start all over again’, ‘My business will grow because I’ll do everything it takes to make it grow’.
- Try to genuinely be a good person – You can’t expect good from others if you don’t give good to others. Be pure, be transparent, be polite, be pleasant. While good won’t always be met with good, more often than not you’ll get good in return.
- Always do your best – I’ve found that peace of mind comes with doing one’s best. In anything that you decide to do, give it all your best. It’s hard to beat yourself up when you genuinely know that you are doing your best and the way life works out, if you constantly do your best, it’s just a matter of time before you achieve what you’re working towards
“Always Do Your Best. Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.”
- Don’t take everything so personally – The negative things that happen in the world are not personal. The economy did not crash because of you, boko haram wasn’t set up to spite you, the different named hurricanes are not your fault. Anything negative that happens out of your control is not your doing. Don’t beat yourself up for everything that happens
- Surround yourself with likeminded people – There is no point training yourself to be better if you’re going to be constantly surrounded by negative people. Surround yourself with positivity and light; do not give energy to anything that does not lead to your personal growth, professional growth or peace of mind.
- Aspire and Achieve – I find that I’m happiest either when i’m surrounded by love or when I achieve something I aspired to. What goals are you setting for yourself? Constantly try to be a better version of yourself because it’s easy to see the good in life when you’re living your full life
- Inspire Others – Use every opportunity you get within your means to inspire others. Be so great that your greatness inspires other to do better.
- Do things YOU want to do – At some point in life it’s important to stop doing things because society demands it or family expects it. Do more of what makes you happy and what fills you. It’s easy to accept situations as they are if you made the decision to be where you are, doing what you’re doing
- Don’t dwell on the small stuff – It’s not necessary to give energy and attention to every single thing that occurs in life. Train yourself to not sweat the small stuff. Choose what you allow worry you
- Live a whole life – This is much harder than it sounds but try to live a whole life. My life is made whole by My God, my family, my friends or lovers and my business so that’s what I give my time to. I give each part a reasonable share of time to make it a healthy whole. Whatever fills you up, do more of.
Do you have any tips to share on how to live more positively? I would love to hear your opinion in the comments section.
Love x Light,