I Hope You Have A ‘Whole’ Year January 1, 2018 – Posted in: Everyday Living
“And suddenly you know… it’s time to start something new and trust the magic of new beginnings.” ~Meister Eckhart
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!
It’s January 1st 2018 and I’m super grateful to be here today; alive, healthy and still able to constantly pursue the things that set my heart on fire. I never take any of this for granted.
It was a quiet last quarter for me. The year took a toll on me so I had a quiet last few months. I missed writing to you and hearing from you. So here’s to a more intentional 2018. I’ve come across a lot of notes online of people saying what 2017 taught them that they intend to carry into the new year; if 2017 taught me only one thing, it was this – Take Care Of Yourself Too. Never get into the race of pursuing dreams and building material things that you start to take from yourself to fuel your ambition. A healthy life means a whole life and to be whole means to succeed in not just one part of your life but in all areas; physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially etc. Whatever is important to you.
Here are my tips on how to successfully adult this year and how to have a ‘whole’ 2018 (to do one day at a time)
- Be Intentional – It’s easy to go along life accepting what comes your way but to be in true control of your year, I urge you to be intentional about everything you do from the mundane things to the big things. Have you realized how much power you have over your life?
- Journal – I’m learning the importance of writing things to be accomplished, reading it daily, working towards it and then speaking it into existence. When you put words to paper, they have more power than when they are left in your head.
- Surround Yourself With Doers – Please note that you are the sum of the 5 people you spend the most time with. Take stock of your social circle; do they challenge you to be better? How well are they doing in their chosen fields? What are their aspirations?
- Put in the work – It’s not enough to say empty words. Anyone can say and write down ‘I want to be a millionaire’ but the only people that truly achieve that are those that plan and then put in the work required to get it. Don’t fill your life with empty words. Put in the work, focus on yourself and on your race.
- Challenge Yourself – Leave your comfort zone, think outside the box, put yourself out there, promote your work without shame, practice until you’re near perfection, then practice some more. We live in a fast generation filled with very intelligent and innovative people; what makes you stand out?
- Learn – There is no such thing as too much knowledge. Read, watch videos of people you aspire to be, acquire new skills, network
- Practice self care – Take care of your mind, body and soul whenever you need to, however you need to. Don’t wait until you break to find out how to fix yourself.
- Expand Your Circle – Your environment, your view to life, your routine etc. Step out from your life every now and then to see life the way someone else does. It’s easy to build and live in a one-dimensional world and then mistake that for what broad reality looks like.
- Pray – Your spiritual being and your consciousness play a huge role in your daily living. You must be grounded and centered in whatever your beliefs are. Cling to your higher power and pray without ceasing.
- Feel love and spread love – Appreciate your family because you’ve got them so you never have to do life alone, thank your lover for being there, give to an orphanage, help a stranger, be there for your neighbor, join a church group etc. whatever you feel you need to do to feel connected to others and to share love, do it.
80% of New Year Resolutions fail. Don’t be too hard on yourself trying to stick to a strict list of what to do and what not to do in the new year. Show up, take everyday one day at a time, do the best you can do and learn the rest along the way. It’s important to note that consistency beats intensity. It’s not about starting so intensely and then burning out, it’s about deliberate actions that are done consistently until you see result.
I’ll be here through 2018, writing to you, believing in you and supporting you. You can be everything you want to be, you literally have a new ‘slate’ to re-write your story, use it well.
Love x Light,