My Favorite Quotes on Failure and Comebacks August 3, 2017 – Posted in: Everyday Living
“Don’t be afraid to fail. Don’t waste energy trying to cover up failure. Learn from your failures and go on to the next challenge. It’s ok to fail. If you’re not failing, you’re not growing.” – H. Stanley Judd
People look at failure as something shameful that is so bad but I’ve come to learn that the sooner you fail at something, the faster you can re-strategise and try again. We need to stop looking at failure as a roadblock and start looking at it like a speed bump on the road. In my opinion, failure is just feedback that shows you what you’re doing wrong and gives you the opportunity to right your wrongs.
A few times in my life, I’ve tried to pursue one thing or the other and I’ve failed. When I was younger, I took this very personal. I considered rejection and failure to be personal insults to me, my character and my very essence so I took them to mean that I was lacking in some way. After years of experience, a few No’s and shut doors, I’ve come to the harsh realisation that not everyone will say yes to me and that’s actually ok. It’s ok to be told no, it’s ok to fall, it’s ok for some people not to understand my vision, it’s ok for doors to be shut. In the grand scheme of things, what matters the most is my perseverance, my spirit and my willingness to try again with even more enthusiasm.
I’ve learnt to get up, dust myself and move on with life and the pursuit of visions and dreams. I’ve also given myself the right to change lanes as life happens without a second thought to perception or opinions. I’ve compiled a list of quotes that have spoken to me at one time or another and I hope they’re able to help you too if you find that you’re in a situation that feels like failure
- “Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, only this time more wisely.” – Henry Ford
- “When you take risks you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important.” – Ellen DeGeneres
- “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing.” – Henry Ford
- “Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
- “Like success, failure is many things to many people. With Positive Mental Attitude, failure is a learning experience, a rung on the ladder, a plateau at which to get your thoughts in order and prepare to try again.” – W. Clement Stone
- “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.” – Eloise Ristad
“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with failure.” – Abraham Lincoln
Everyday you wake up is a new opportunity to try again. Every thought you take is a chance to make the decision to start something. Don’t be afraid of failure; instead accept it, learn from it and move on. I believe in you and in your ability to dust yourself off and try again.
Love x Light,