15 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER May 16, 2017 – Posted in: Everyday Living
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
At some point in life, one starts to crave a simple life free of drama but filled with passion, love and achievements; I must say that i’ve most definitely come to this point in my life. I don’t have the energy for things that I consider to be unnecessary and I go out of my way to constantly create a life that reflects my wishes and desires.
Here are my 15 tips to apply in order to create and live a simple life:
- Learn to say no – I’ve come to the realisation that there is no pleasure in saying yes to something I really want to say no to, whether it’s going on a date, committing to something or whatever the situation might be, I’ve learnt to say no if I don’t find any pleasure in saying yes.
- Get rid of pessimism and negativity – Let go of the mindset that the worst possible outcome will always happen. Don’t be a debby downer or someone that wallows in self pity and negativity. That is a lot of pressure to put on yourself. It’s amazing how much easier your life will be if you learn to look on the bright side
- Embrace optimism and positivity – What if you get that dream job? What if you start that business and you prosper? what if you find love next week in the oddest place? What if your dad gets well? When faced with a difficult situation, it is always possible that the outcome will be positive. Believe that you are deserving of this and that it is possible for you
- Let the past go and let the future be – There is no joy in dwelling in past situations or constantly anticipating your happy ending in the future. Learn to live in the present, be consciously aware of your current situation and make the most of it. Learn from mistakes and move on from disappointment.
- Worry effectively – As a rule i try not to worry about things that i have no control over. Only give energy to the things you can change otherwise worrying is just a waste if time and energy
- Do more of what makes you happy – This seems too obvious but the world is filled with peopl edoing more of what makes everyone else around them happy. Do what you love, love who you love, go where you love. Start doing things for yourself, your happiness and your peace of mind.
- Stop concerning yourself with what people think of you and your actions – This is self explanatory
- De-clutter – I recently did this challenge where i went through all my things; clothes, shoes, bags, books and other personal belongings and i gave away everything i hadn’t used in over 1 year. My apartment feels much lighter and there is more space for the things i do use
- Learn to practice non-attachment – I’ve started trying to practise non-attachment to material things. I try not to put my joy in things that are temporary, have an expiry date or can get lost or spoil. I appreciate them when i have them but it teaches you to move on if you lose them
- Don’t make mountains out of molehills – Not every incident deserves your energy. Give energy only to the important things that are worth it
- Surround yourself with drama free people that live simple lives – If you apply hundred tips to create an easy life and you still surround yourself with toxic people then it will honestly be a waste of your time. Surround yourself with the type of people you aspire to be like. With people too busy living their full lives that they have no time for drama or toxic situations
- Live one day at a time – Whatever you fail to achieve today, you can always try again tomorrow. That’s the beauty of life. Learn to take life one day at a time.
- Create a safe space for yourself – My apartment is truly my safe space. I’ve created somewhere full of energy and light that lifts my spirit and makes me happy
- Forgive easily – Do not hold on to grudges or wrongdoings. Understand that no one is perfect and that imperfection means that there are flaws so therefore mistakes are bound to happen. LEarn to forgive and let go for yourself
- Fill your life – Make time to do more of what brings you joy as often as your life allows you to.
“The greatest life is the joy of contentment.”― Lailah Gifty Akita
These are my tips for the day. Are you willing and ready to create an easier life for yourself? If you’re already doing so, please share your tips on how you do this in the comments so we can learn from each other.
Love x Light,